Senator David Perdue Salutes COVID-19 Critical Care Workers
Introduces Resolution Commending Health Workers, Truck Drivers, Janitors, Grocers
WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator David Perdue (R-GA) today introduced a Senate resolution commending doctors, nurses, truck drivers, janitors, grocers, and other Americans who are carrying out essential tasks during the coronavirus crisis.
“The best of America always comes out during moments of crisis,” said Senator Perdue. “It’s encouraging to see so many Georgians and Americans stepping up to help their neighbors, support their communities, and care for those in need. In these uncertain times, one thing rings true: no virus will ever break the American spirit.”
Senator Perdue’s resolution recognizes the following:
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Homeland Security, other federal agencies, and state and local governments for tirelessly leading the United States through this crisis
- Health workers who are on the front lines leading the charge to solve the crisis, flatten the curve, and protect the United States
- First responders who show bravery and courage by putting themselves at risk while providing critical care to those who have COVID-19 and other infectious diseases and conditions
- Brave members of the National Guard who are always ready and always available to respond in times of need
- Truck drivers, delivery persons, airline workers, and supply chain specialists who are transporting critical medical goods between hospitals, essential items to stores, and food and delivered goods to the homes of people throughout the United States
- The energy industry for helping the United States by providing the power necessary for hospitals, governments, and businesses to work day and night responding to the crisis
- Farmers and grocery store workers who are feeding communities and helping families across the United States put food on the table
- Educators in the United States who have adapted quickly to distance and online teaching and continue to provide the children of the United States with a high-quality education under uncertain circumstances
- Janitorial-services businesses and staff that are keeping buildings and businesses across the United States safe by providing the critical cleaning services necessary to stop the spread of COVID-19
Read the full resolution here.
Next Article Previous Article