Senator David Perdue: It’s Time To Vote To Confirm Judge Kavanaugh
WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator David Perdue (R-GA) comments on the supplemental FBI report on Judge Brett Kavanaugh:
“I have twice reviewed the supplemental FBI report on Judge Kavanaugh’s background and the allegations. There is still no corroborating evidence for the accusations made against Judge Kavanaugh. It’s time to vote to confirm Judge Kavanaugh to the United States Supreme Court.”
- The FBI contacted 10 individuals, following up on relevant leads from potential eye witnesses. It conducted comprehensive interviews with 9 of them.
- This has been the most comprehensive review of a Supreme Court nominee in history. It includes:
- 7 FBI background investigations, including hundreds of interviews
- 36 hours of testimony before the Senate
- 65 meetings with Senators
- More than 500,000 pages of Executive Branch documents, more than the past 4 nominees combined
- Over 1,200 questions for the record
- A confidential hearing with Senators
- 3 confidential calls with Committee Counsel
Senator Perdue is the only Fortune 500 CEO in Congress and is serving his first term in the United States Senate, where he represents Georgia on the Armed Services, Banking, Budget, and Agriculture Committees.
Next Article Previous Article