Senator David Perdue Comments On Senate Tax Plan
“We are on track to deliver results and fundamentally change this tax code”
WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator David Perdue (R-GA), a member of the Senate Budget Committee, comments on the United States Senate’s plan to simplify the tax code:
“We are on track to deliver results and fundamentally change this tax code. There’s no denying the positive impact a tax overhaul will have on our country. This will lead to more job opportunities, more capital at work in our economy, and more savings for taxpayers. President Trump called us into action, and the House and Senate have been working in parallel to get a plan on his desk by the end of the year. Today, with this outline, we are one step closer to accomplishing this goal. You can feel the momentum building, and by the end of the holiday season, taxpayers should have something great to celebrate: tax cuts, a simpler tax code, and a more competitive America.”
Senator Perdue recent tax highlights:
- Led tax event with Treasury Secretary Mnuchin, Kellyanne Conway, and grassroots leaders.
- Joined CNBC’s Power Lunch to discuss making U.S. businesses more competitive.
- Shared his business perspective on the benefits of corporate tax changes at The Heritage Foundation.
- Called for turning the Senate on full time for the remainder of the year to get tax done.
- Joined CNBC’s Squawk Box to discuss why the budget process is only tax code this year.
- Spoke on the Senate floor about President Trump’s tax framework.
- Joined Bloomberg TV’s Daybreak to discuss tax changes to help middle-class families.
Senator Perdue is the only Fortune 500 CEO in Congress and is serving his first term in the United States Senate, where he represents Georgia on the Armed Services, Banking, Budget, and Agriculture Committees.
Next Article Previous Article