Direct From David: West Mims Fire Update
Our sincere thanks go out to the firefighters and first responders working to control the West Mims fires and safely evacuate over 1,000 people.
The National Weather Service has issued a Red Flag warning for the area.
- Please follow instructions from local law enforcement and officials.
- If asked to evacuate, do so as soon as possible.
- Close all doors and windows, but do not lock them.
- Fill all tubs, pools, and trashcans with water.
- Turn on all lights in house to enable visibility through smoke.
- Monitor radio, television, and NOAA Radio for updates.
Even if you are not an evacuee, you should plan ahead for wildfires.
- 5 P’s of Evacuation:
- People and Pets
- Papers – don’t forget your important documents
- Prescriptions – medications, eyeglasses, hearing aids
- Pictures – irreplaceable memories
- Personal computer
FEMA has authorized federal funds to supplement Georgia through this disaster, and will assist in protecting Georgians and their property. Residents of the affected areas can click here to get the latest information on the fire situation, road detours, and school closures.
We are grateful to all who are working to manage this disaster. As always, don't hesitate to reach out if my office can be of service to you at (404) 865-0087.
Next Article Previous Article