Direct From David: I-85 Bridge Collapse Update
Georgians immediately responded when I-85 unexpectedly caught fire and collapsed. There is no doubt the swift and brave action taken by our first responders and local leaders saved lives in this situation.
President Trump, Governor Deal, and GDOT have already started the repair process, and I will do everything I can to help expedite any regulatory requirements.
We all stand shoulder to shoulder to make sure we get Georgians traveling safely again as fast as humanly possible.
I wanted to share a few updates from the Georgia Department of Transportation on road closures and alternative routes:
- I-85 is closed from I-75/Brookwood split to the North Druid Hills Exit.
- Motorists traveling northbound on I-85 from the southside of Atlanta will be diverted to northbound I-75 at Brookwood near 17th Street.
- Motorists traveling southbound on I-85 north of Atlanta will be diverted to northbound on SR400.
- Motorists traveling southbound on SR400 from north of Atlanta will be diverted at Sidney Marcus Exit.
- Motorists are encouraged to utilize their favorite wayfinding app to help navigate to their destinations.
Thank you to all who stepped up to the plate to ensure that Georgians were safe during the bridge collapse.
Please share the following closure and alternate route information with your family and friends.
Next Article Previous Article