Direct from David: 2015 A Year In Photos
As the New Year approaches, this is a time to reflect and look forward. I wanted to share a special behind-the-scenes look at my first year as your United States Senator.
Together, we took important steps to start changing Washington. There is still much work to do next year. I will continue to focus on tackling our debt, protecting our national security, and advancing our shared Georgia values.
I cannot do this without your continued support, and I am encouraged that with your help we can change the direction of our country.
Thank you for the opportunity to represent you in the United States Senate.
2015 A Year In Photos
1) January 6, 2015: Taking the Oath of Office with my wife, Bonnie, and my father’s bible to represent the people of Georgia in the United States Senate.
2) January 17, 2015: Feeling at home during my ceremonial swearing in at the Bibb County Courthouse in Macon, Georgia. (Photo Credit: Todd Rehm)
3) February 22, 2015: Meeting personally with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on my first official trip to Israel. (Photo Credit: Kobi Gideon)
4) March 3, 2015: Listening to my friend, Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, as he addresses a Joint Session of Congress.
5) April 3, 2015: Meeting with troops from Georgia who serve on the front lines at Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan.
6) March 14, 2015: Celebrating with Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny at the St. Patrick’s Day Parade Breakfast.
7) April 21, 2015: Chairing my first hearing in the Senate Foreign Relations State Department Subcommittee with Senator Tim Kaine of Virginia.
8) June 19, 2015: Snapping a selfie with a future leader from Athens, Georgia.
9) June 19, 2015: Championing conservative values at the Faith and Freedom Conference hosted by fellow Georgian, Ralph Reed.
10) June 29, 2015: Hovering over Hunter Army Airfield during a helicopter tour of Georgia’s military bases.
11) June 30 , 2015: Checking out the JCB tractor manufacturing plant in Savannah, Georgia.
12) July 7, 2015: Joining my friend, Joni Ernst, at a Senate Agriculture Committee hearing to introduce one of Georgia’s avian influenza experts.
13) August 21, 2015: Energizing the crowd at Defending the American Dream Summit hosted by Americans for Prosperity. (Photo credit: Gage Skidmore)
14) September 9, 2015: Fighting to stop a nuclear Iran at the Tea Party Patriots rally at the United States Capitol.
15) December 12, 2015: Delivering the commencement speech at my alma mater, Georgia Tech. (Photo Credit: Georgia Tech)
View and download the full gallery of photos here.
Next Article Previous Article